A garden update: This is the bait box, and when I went back to check on my newly planted seeds, I found that critters had been in them digging around and had upended several of my bean seeds, one of which had already sprouted a root. It was probably Robins trying to make a meal on my earthworms. I fussed and suwannee'd and fixed it, knowing full well it would keep happening until either what was left of the beans sprouted and grew or just gave up.
Sometimes that little light bulb goes off and reminds me of what I already know, so I grabbed the screens I put screens over the box last year. The light bulb also helps mask the mess I hadn't cleaned up.
Anyway, my radish are already coming up so hopefully the screens will protect them. The planter I used for my sage also came under attack, and I used a piece of hardware cloth over that. Even the strawberries that I transplanted from the field seemed like they might make it.
I mentioned that I had more seed to plant but didn't have a place prepared. Well, I found some old styrofoam cups and started my yellow squash and some Hungarian Wax peppers in them. As my Mom would say, "time will tell". I'll keep you updated as the garden saga continues.
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Hi Linda - it's all good grist to the mill ... ours and those errant flyers! Good luck - cheers HilaryReplyDelete
So far, so good!ReplyDelete